Postdoctoral research scientist at LSCE
LSCE is currently seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research scientist to develop and apply new methods to quantify greenhouse gas emissions from industrial facilities based on in-situ atmospheric measurements. The position is based at Laboratoire des Science du Climat et de l’Environnement (https://www.lsce.ipsl.fr) and the researcher will work within the TRACE project (http://trace.lsce.ipsl.fr), which is a collaboration between engineers and scientists working at the LSCE as well as partner companies SUEZ, TOTAL and Thales Alenia Space.
Job Description – Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Organize and participate in field campaigns at industrial facilities using in-situ greenhouse gas analyzers, low-cost sensors and other scientific instrumentation
- Calibrate, process and analyze atmospheric concentration measurements along with meteorological data from different platforms and sensors
- Synthesize the results and work with modelers to provide best estimates of emission rates and locations including their uncertainties
- Lead and / or contribute to the writing of peer-reviewed publications
- Communicate research to a wide variety of stakeholders including industrial partners and fellow scientists at international conferences
- PhD in atmospheric science or another relevant field
- Demonstrated fieldwork experience working with trace gas or aerosol measurements
- Able to think critically to design effective field campaigns and to optimize measurement systems
- Ability to handle, manipulate and analyze data sets from a variety of sensors using software such as R, Python and/or MATLAB
- Highly developed project and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Experience communicating research through scientific publications, technical reports and at international conferences
The full job description can be found attached or at the following link: https://sharebox.lsce.ipsl.fr/index.php/s/y5ECVAT3OSXnbzp.